General Statement of Duties
The bookkeeper is a member of the Church staff and is responsible for the financial record-keeping of the parish. Duties include but are not limited to processing payroll, reconciling bank statements, accounting for deposits and payment of bills, submitting reports to the Diocese and federal/state govts, monitoring and analyzing accounts and coordinating employee benefits.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field of study or possess equivalent understanding through work experience
- At least 3 years of work experience in non-profit accounting preferred
- Involvement working with the community or in a fast-paced environment a plus
- Proficient in accounting systems and Microsoft Office suite
- An understanding of standard bookkeeping procedures
- Organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain accuracy while managing multiple requests and priorities while meeting deadlines
- Ability to preserve confidentiality in all transactions
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling difficult and/or sensitive situations with the pastor, staff members and parishioners
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential
To apply, complete an application:
http://www.diobr.org/images/Eapps_Employment_Application_formfields.pdf and submit a letter of interest, resumé and any salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.