Employment OpportunitiesDirector of Adult Formation
General Statement of Duties
Our parish is seeking a person to serve as Director of Adult Formation. This role includes coordinating programs involving devotions, small Christian Communities and the formation of various spiritualities for the adults in our parish. The ideal candidate will be a Catholic in good standing, active in the life and worship of the church, with strong organizational skills. He/she will be able to form relationships and establish collaboration and shared responsibility for ministry.
- Developing the Formation and Spirituality of our church community
- Calling forth and helping to develop leaders and teams for various programs and processes of adult formation and spirituality in the parish
- Encouraging group leaders to seek training and formation to become familiar with the related rites
- Act as Spiritual Growth Commission Coordinator
- Attend Leadership nights and be available to Spiritual Growth Commission Members and Ministry Leaders to help coordinate all programs of Adult Formation
- Submit dates, payment reimbursement requests, and Aloysius Alive articles on the behalf of the Spiritual Growth Commission Members and Ministry Leaders
- Enable and encourage lay leadership to create new opportunities for parishioners to develop personal faith and spirituality as needs and opportunities arise.
- Actively seeking resources on effective programs, retreats, etc., from other local parishes, diocesan resources, and national sources.
- Preparing and overseeing the budgets for these programs and processes
- Maintaining the pamphlet racks in the church.
- Being available to parishioners
- Masters in Theology, Religious Studies or relevant experience
- A Catholic in good standing, active in the life and worship of the Church, with a Vatican II vision of Church
- A significant ability to form relationships with adults and establish collaboration and shared responsibility for ministry
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to preserve confidentiality in all interactions
To apply, complete an application:
http://www.diobr.org/images/Eapps_Employment_Application_formfields.pdf and submit a letter of interest and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.