Employment OpportunitiesFront Desk Receptionist
General Statement of Duties
Our parish is looking for a part-time (morning or afternoon) receptionist. We want our parishioners to experience a warm welcome and competent service when they walk in or call into our Pastoral Services Center, whether for information or in times of particular need. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, a calm and assured manner in dealing with people and situations, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic.
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival
- Answer, screen and forward incoming calls and emails, and/or take accurate messages as necessary
- Respond to inquiries about parish activities and services or direct those requests to the appropriate person or office
- Preserve a clean and tidy work environment
- Share Mass Intention processing responsibilities
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as keeping lists, filing, photocopying, faxing, shredding, receiving registrations for special events, etc.
- Managing the Lost and Found
- Maintain security by following safety procedures and controlling access via reception desk
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to preserve confidentiality in all interactions
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling difficult and/or sensitive situations with the pastor, staff members and parishioners.
Submit a letter of interest and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.