Employment OpportunitiesParish Ministries Secretary
General Statement of Duties
The Parish Ministries Secretary is a full-time position providing administrative and clerical support for Sacramental and Worship needs, as well as being Staff Liaison for the Community Life Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Record all Sacramental information in official records and to concerned parties
Provide clerical assistance to the Director of Child Formation in preparing all lists, nametags, certificates, etc. for
- First Reconciliation
- First Eucharist
Provide clerical assistance to the Director of Worship
- Responsible for scheduling and updating Liturgical Ministers on Ministry Scheduler Pro
- Keep record of part-time musicians and contract cantors for bookkeeper, submit all check and re-imbursement requests for Worship needs
- Print and distribute the weekly Liturgy scripts
- Produce song sheets for the Sunday, 5:30 PM Mass
Act as Community Life Commission Coordinator
Attend Leadership nights and be available to Community Life Commission Members and Ministry Leaders for assistance with volunteers, mailings, events.
Submit dates, payment reimbursement requests, and Aloysius Alive articles on the behalf of the Community Life Commission Members and Ministry Leaders
Act as initial contact for couples starting the Marriage process, guiding the engaged couple in process to request clergy for weddings and setting the marriage date, provide letter of delegation for visiting Priests celebrating weddings at St. Aloysius, as requested. Work with those involved to fulfill all requirements.
Collect the Civil Marriage License, make a copy for the wedding file and mail the two original in to Clerk of Court, create St. Aloysius Marriage Certificate and mail to the couple the Monday following the wedding.
Sanations and Convalidations
* Arrange meetings with clergy to begin the process, assisting in whatever way necessary.
* Complete all paperwork and official recording of the marriage
- Experience with computer technology, including an ability to do basic word processing, data entry, group e-mails, spread sheets.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task, and work to deadlines
- Must have legible handwriting for sacramental record keeping
- Ability to interact patiently and lovingly with a large variety of diverse personalities.
- Ability to respect confidentiality.
To apply, complete an application:
http://www.diobr.org/images/Eapps_Employment_Application_formfields.pdf and submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled.