Employment OpportunitiesChild Care Center Director
St. Aloysius Catholic Church is seeking a strong and motivated director to meet the needs of its early childhood care and education ministry. For over 30 years, our Child Care Center has provided quality care and a loving “home away from home” to children ages six weeks through four years of age. The Childcare Center is a Level Three certified daycare owned and operated as a ministry of our Church parish.
- Must meet the qualifications of Director stipulated by the State of Louisiana.
- Three or more years of experience in an early childhood education, program development, and child care center environment/management.
- Ability to manage staff and budget.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to work well with others (staff, children and parents) and to foster a team atmosphere.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, with an ability to multi-task.
- Possess a deep love for children and a strong commitment to building positive relationships with families and the community.
- Trustworthy and dependable.
Child Care Center Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with all rules and regulations pertaining to the health, safety and care of children in accordance with the State of Louisiana and all Federal requirements; keeping staff current with Child Protection policies of St. Aloysius Church and the Diocese of Baton Rouge.
- Collaborate with pastor and parish staff.
- Actively develop and maintain positive staff relationships and manage all resources effectively, including the daily staffing needs of the center as well as hiring and supervision.
- Assist in general educational curriculum; collaborate with staff to develop positive learning activities; make classroom visitations/observations and maintain professional development and certification of staff members
- Prepare and maintain the child care center budget and monitor all expenditures which include personnel, supplies, contracts, etc.
- Maintain consistent communication of policies, activities and fundraisers and encourage parental support and involvement in the center among all stakeholders.
- Health Insurance including medical, dental and vision
- Paid Time Off
- Employer sponsored retirement program
- Life Insurance, Optional Life
- Long-term disability, short-term disability
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
Fr. Randy Cuevas
2025 Stuart Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70808