The primary purpose of the Administration Commission is to assume responsibility for the functional, material and operational needs of the parish.
Aloysius Alive Staff
A ministry that produces the parish newspaper on a periodic basis from August to May. Photographers provide a pictorial record of parish activities and special events.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Writing, photography, layout, and proofing; journalism experience preferred. Photographers take pictures with their own camera; pictures are submitted on CD or through email.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Two to four hours per issue depending on task. Photographer's time varies according to their availability.
- ALOYSIUS ALIVE CONTACT: Ken Duhe
- PHOTOGRAPHERS CONTACT: Mary Dawson
If you have experience with graphic design, website design, we have several opportunities throughout the year for which we could use your assistance. We have both one-time assignments as well as could be done on a more regular basis.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Service on sub committees based on area of interest and expertise.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Time will be based on particular projects assigned.
- CONTACT: Mary Dawson
Facilities & Maintenance
A ministry that provides assistance in managing the physical plant and property needs of the parish. This ministry includes Handy Helpers, the ministry that organizes spring and fall clean-up days.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Planning and consultation with committee, architect and contractors concerning both periodic maintenance issues, as well as building and capital projects. Members may be asked to assist the Facilities Manager with trouble shooting and solutions. Handy Helpers members may help with landscaping projects and campus beautification.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Facilities Committee meets quarterly to discuss areas of need; time commitment varies according to volunteer's availability. Handy Helpers projects are usually scheduled as 3 to 4 hour sessions once or twice a year.
- CONTACT: Bill Quirk
- HANDY HELPERS CONTACT: Bill Quirk
A ministry that prepares and monitors parish budgets, financial planning, the annual Stewardship of Offering program, Parish Endowment, and capital campaigns. This ministry includes St. Matthew's Guild, the ministry that prepares Sunday collections for deposit, as well as the Bank at the Parish Fair.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Assisting in the preparation of the parish budget, overseeing finances of the Church, the School, the Child Care Center and the Fair, and collaborating with the Stewardship of Offering committee.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: The members of the Finance Council are appointed by the Pastor and meet monthly. St. Matthew's Guild consists of five teams that serve once every five weeks. Holidays are rotated between the teams. The Bank serves during the Parish Fair weekend. See Stewardship of Offering Committee for additional information.
- CONTACT: Dan Gardiner (Finance Council), Patrick Valluzzo (Fair Treasurer), Matt Zylicz (St. Matthew's Guild)
Information Technology Committee (IT) (Ad Hoc Committee)
The IT Infrastructure Committee is a ministry of the parish that supports and advises the pastor, pastoral council, and parish staff regarding the IT needs in the parish in order to improve the efficiency of communication with parishioners.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Evaluation of the Aloysius Church Administration IT Infrastructure consisting of the following: computer hardware and software; network hardware and software; IT contracts, license agreements, etc.; email system, including length and standardization of email addresses; data (and network) security and integrity; broadband internet access, and Wi-Fi systems; data storage and access, digital servers, cloud/offsite storage, local PCs, paper files, etc.; logical file and folder names and hierarchical networked structure; website: interface, logic/structure, technology, access, etc.; telecommunications; closed circuit camera infrastructure; copiers, printers, scanners, etc.…toward paperless. This task will require a current inventory of the Administration hardware software, etc. An IT survey form could be developed to assist with the collection of inventory information at the staff level. Once a current inventory is developed and evaluated for functionality, a needs assessment would be developed. This needs assessment should establish minimum operating standards and be part of an IT master plan to reflect current and future IT infrastructure needs and investment. This information will be used to plug into the parish’s overall master plan as a second phase to meet parish communication needs.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: IT current needs and future needs will continue to be monitored by the committee as necessary. Other meetings and implementation will take place as directed by the pastor.
- CONTACT: Shawn Usher
Executive Committee (Ad Hoc Committee)
The Executive Committee is appointed by the pastor.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Work with pastor to review building plans, getting input from facilities committee and other committees, as applicable. Advisory committee to the pastor.
- CONTACT: Toni Kirby
Office Volunteers and Office Mailings
Help in preparing mailings, answering phones, copying, filing, shredding, scanning and organizing items in the parish office.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Varies according to volunteer's availability.
- CONTACT: Aline Landry
A ministry responsible for organizing the parish's annual fall fair, including the auction and the golf tournament.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Planning the fair’s date, theme & logo, negotiating and booking the fair’s entertainment lineup and rides, securing sponsors, planning the fair’s physical layout, communicating with the Admin Office, Parish and School on fair updates and deadlines, monitoring online registration of fair sales, recruiting Chairs & Co-Chairs for all fair areas, organizing fair volunteers, procuring all food, beverage, supplies and signage, coordinating fair set up and take down logistics and supporting all efforts of the auction and golf tournament.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Flexible.
- 2017 FAIR CHAIRS: Ryan and Erin Allen
- 2017 GOLF TOURNAMENT: Randy Cangelosi
- SILENT & LIVE AUCTION: Tiffany Fontana
A ministry that plans and coordinates the timing, vision, and programs of the three phases of stewardship. The Committee members are the co-chairs of the three stewardship committees.
Stewardship of Ministry
A ministry that prepares and presents Stewardship of Ministry weekend which provides parishioners with the opportunity to use their God given gifts and talents to serve one another and to build the kingdom.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Producing an edition of Aloysius Alive, disseminating updated ministry information including commitment cards and thank you notes and forwarding volunteer's commitment information to the various committees. Assists in Ministry Fair.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Meets 4 to 5 times between April and August.
- CONTACT: Erin Pontif
Stewardship of Offering
A ministry that prepares and presents Stewardship of Offering weekend which allows parishioners to offer in thanksgiving to God our financial gifts, in recognition that all we have comes from God and is to be used for the common good of all.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Producing an issue of Aloysius Alive, preparing a letter campaign, a presentation to the congregation, and follow-up as well as providing assistance to the Finance Council.TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Meets 4 to 5 times between October and February.
- CONTACT: Michael Acaldo
Stewardship of Prayer
A ministry that prepares and presents Stewardship of Prayer weekend which allows parishioners to make a commitment to grow closer to God through personal prayer, community worship and spiritual formation.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Producing articles for Aloysius Alive and the Bulletin; preparing a presentation to the congregation; providing assistance to the parish office in this area.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: As needed to prepare for the weekend.
- CONTACT: Angela Montalbano