The purpose of the Community Life Commission is to create and foster a spirit of community, to reinforce and strengthen family bonds, and to identify needs so as to better meet the community life needs of the members of St. Aloysius Parish.
Coffee & Donuts
A ministry that hosts the weekly coffee and donut reception after 9:00 a.m. Sunday Mass.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Picking up donuts and apple juice, setting up, making coffee and cleaning up.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Volunteers are usually scheduled 3 to 4 times a year.
- CONTACT: April Holcomb
Christmas Crafts Group
A ministry that plans and coordinates an annual Advent craft event for children.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Preparing craft supplies for individual ease of use as well as demonstrating craft on day of event to children, if desired.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: One initial meeting; time commitment varies according to volunteer's availability.
- CONTACT: Jennifer Hodes
A ministry that promotes "Family" with celebrations for all ages, including the St. Aloysius Feast Day celebration.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: The Family Life Committee volunteers will organize events, set up and decorate, serve food and clean-up.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Initial organizational meeting per event to coordinate responsibilities.
- CONTACT: Claire Grandy
A ministry that provides resources and support for parish receptions.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Assisting and planning events, recruiting volunteers to organize, prepare food, set up, serve, and clean up for First Eucharist and Confirmation receptions, and other receptions in the parish.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Varies; as necessary.
- CONTACT: Allison Hoffpauir
A ministry that provides resources and opportunities for our senior parish members to be active and grow in Christian fellowship.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Assisting in the planning of events and participating in planned events. Senior Ministry activities include: information presentations, luncheons, trips, retreat, Bible studies and Five-O-Exercise.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Time varies according to event.
- CONTACT: Claire Grandy
- FIVE-O-EXERCISE CONTACT: Donna Gerstner
Knights of Columbus
A ministry composed of Catholic men who work together to support their Church, their community and each other.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Promoting and coordinating social, athletic and fundraising functions.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Varies according to volunteer's availability with meetings on the second Thursday of each month.
- CONTACT: Brennan Kluka, Grand Knight
Mardi Gras Float
A ministry that promotes fellowship among parishioners during Mardi Gras season.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Participation in creating and preparing the float to ride in the Southdowns Parade. Adults must ride with children. $100 riding fee, including a $25 non-refundable deposit per person.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Mandatory Krewe meeting in order to ride, in addition to volunteer hours preparing float and costumes.
- CONTACT: Nathan and Elizabeth Fourrier
A ministry that provides food and fellowship with guest speakers for male parishioners at scheduled meetings throughout the year and provides volunteer services to the parish and its ministries.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Organization and implementation of a men’s parish retreat, scheduled meetings throughout the year, and an annual crawfish boil, in addition to supporting parish events, including the Parish Golf Tournament, as the need arises.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Requested annual dues are $20.00 which covers dinner at regularly scheduled meetings.
- CONTACT: Drew Tessier
A ministry that supports Boy Scout, Cub Scout, and Girl Scout troops within our parish.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Coordinating and participating in scout activities. Adult volunteers are also needed as Merit Badge Counselors.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: To be determined at a later date.
- CONTACT: Greg Grandy (Boy Scouts) 278-7068, or Erick Comeaux (Cub Scouts), Cub Scout Pack 7 Website
Singles Social Group
A ministry that provides resources and opportunities for our parish's single adults to grow in Christian companionship.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Working with Catholic Diocese to promote social functions for parish singles.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Monthly.
- CONTACT: email@example.com
A ministry that welcomes newcomers to St. Aloysius Parish.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Coordinating and hosting two luncheons per year.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Varies according to volunteer's availability.
- CONTACT: Anne Roberts, Sydney Hebert, or Leslie Edwards, Co-chairs
A ministry that guides new parishioners throughout their first year of membership.