The purpose of the Community Life Commission is to create and foster a spirit of community, to reinforce and strengthen family bonds, and to identify needs so as to better meet the community life needs of the members of St. Aloysius Parish.
Coffee & Donuts
A ministry that hosts the weekly coffee and donut reception after 9:00 a.m. Sunday Mass.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Picking up donuts and apple juice, setting up, making coffee and cleaning up.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Volunteers are usually scheduled 3 to 4 times a year.
- CONTACT: April Holcomb
Advent at Aloysius
A fun, festive fellowship event for all parishioners to kick off the Advent Season.
CONTACT: Lauren Walker
Family Life is a volunteer ministry that provides a source of parishioner volunteers who are ready to help when called for our fellowship events. These events are celebrations for all ages, including Holy Smoke BBQ competition.
CONTACT: Claire Grandy
A ministry that provides support along with the ministry chair to hosts receptions such as those for welcoming, farewells, and other parish wide ministry events.
CONTACT: Allison Hoffpauir
Four times a year St. Aloysius parish hosts fellowship events for our senior parish members to gather. Luncheons are held wih a guest speaker in the fall and spring along with morning retreats for Advent and Lent. Senior Ministry also sponsors "Wholly Fit" exercise weekly on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Under the guidance of a fitness instructor, participants take part in low impact exercise.
CONTACT: Claire Grandy
CONTACT:Wholly Fit: Donna Gerstner
Knights of Columbus
A ministry composed of Catholic men who work together to support their Church, their community and each other. If you are interested in becoming member contact Membership Director.
CONTACT: MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR: Goff Stanford
Mardi Gras Float
A ministry that promotes fellowship among parishioners during Mardi Gras season.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Participation in creating and preparing the float to ride in the Southdowns Parade. Adults must ride with children. $100 riding fee, including a $25 non-refundable deposit per person.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Mandatory Krewe meeting in order to ride, in addition to volunteer hours preparing float and costumes.
- CONTACT: Nathan and Elizabeth Fourrier
A ministry that provides food and fellowship with guest speakers for male parishioners at scheduled meetings throughout the year and provides volunteer services to the parish and its ministries.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Organization and implementation of a men’s parish retreat, scheduled meetings throughout the year, and an annual crawfish boil, in addition to supporting parish events, including the Parish Golf Tournament, as the need arises.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: Requested annual dues are $20.00 which covers dinner at regularly scheduled meetings.
- CONTACT: Carter Fourrier
A ministry that supports Boy Scout, Cub Scout, and Girl Scout troops within our parish.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Coordinating and participating in scout activities. Adult volunteers are also needed as Merit Badge Counselors.
- TIME COMMITMENT/MEETINGS: To be determined at a later date.
- CONTACT: Claire Grandy
A ministry that welcomes newcomers to St. Aloysius Parish family with a bi-annual Brunch. Volunteers help mail invitations, setup, serve and clean up.